Achieve DFARS Compliance with Managed Services
Compliance with ever-evolving DoD cybersecurity mandates like DFARS 252.204-7012, NIST 800-171, and Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) is complicated and confusing. It can be hard to understand the outcomes that you should focus on and how to measure success. Discover what outcome-based Managed Services look like from start to finish, including a successful DoD audit, with a New England based defense contractor.
The contractor recognized the need for compliance with DFARS 252.204-7012, NIST 800-171, and eventually CMMC. With processes largely informal and undocumented, insufficient staffing, and key technologies not deployed, partnership with a Managed Services provider who truly understood the requirements of a DoD contractor was the only way forward.
Our MSSP team quickly propelled the organization to 90% compliance with the DFARS controls, and with POA&Ms in place to close the remaining gaps. The CyberSheath team’s work resulted in a satisfactory DoD assessment and specific recognition by the DoD officials of the unique role that CyberSheath played as a managed services partner, enabling compliance.
Learn more about this real-world client success story at our webinar on July 8
Gain insight from behind the scenes through a defense contractor’s journey from 35% compliance to a successful audit and low-risk rating by the DoD.
DFARS Compliance with CyberSheath
As a defense contractor, it is imperative to your organization’s survival that you stay competitive in the Department of Defense (DoD) acquisition process and implements the required security requirements including DFARS Clause 252.204-7012 and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800-171 Rev. 1. And soon, the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC).
CMMC requires mandated minimum levels of cybersecurity, validated by a third party, for 100% of DoD contracts.
How do you ensure that you achieve compliance while thriving at your core competency and growing your business – and how do you right-size the security requirements? Internal IT and security staff are already stretched thin and have no time to learn the complexities of DFARS, NIST, and CMMC. So how can you possibly be successful with so many things working against you?
Leverage CyberSheath Managed Security Services for DFARS compliance.
How CyberSheath Managed Services Enable Compliance
Working with CyberSheath will have a profound impact on your business. With clear direction and measurable outcomes to support DFARS, NIST, and CMMC requirements, your company can confidently move forward and:
- Pass your DoD customer assessment.
- Achieve a low cybersecurity risk rating by a DoD third-party assessor.
- Stay compliant as risks and requirements evolve.
CyberSheath Managed Security Services include:
- Assessment – By providing documented, actionable annual compliance assessments against all necessary security requirements, you will know where to focus efforts to improve your security posture. To help you address vulnerabilities, CyberSheath tailors a master System Security Plan (SSP) specific to your environment.
- Remediation – Specific remediation tasks are aligned with Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&Ms) and often include creating cyber incident response processes, vulnerability management programs, launching multi-actor authentication (MFA), and implementing mobile device management (MDM).
- Compliance – CyberSheath documents, automates, and assess compliance that can be easily validated during a third-party audit. Implementing the NIST/DFARS and CMMC requirements across your infrastructure, formalizing security policies and procedures, and making key processes repeatable. The end result is a centralized 24x7x365 Security Operations Center (SOC) capabilities and continuous evidence of regulatory compliance.
Why CyberSheath DFARS Managed Services?
CyberSheath delivers turnkey compliance from assessment through your mandatory third-party audit. We also take accountability for compliance every step of the way and cut through the confusion of NIST 800-171 and CMMC to ensure measurable, ongoing compliance.
You need an MSSP that has seen it all. When you are vetting providers, be sure you partner with a skilled, knowledgeable security expert with years of experience helping organizations and securing infrastructures like your own. Look for a company with extensive DoD experience and with professionals who have seen every iteration of DFARS from voluntary to the current mandatory state.
Learn how CyberSheath’s partnership as a Managed Service led to a successful DoD audit at our webinar on July 8
Get details on how to become compliant and go beyond templates and policy documents to get a glimpse of what total success and compliance looks like as measured by a successful customer audit.