Fifth-Annual List Honors Leading MSSP, MDR and SOCaaS Cybersecurity Companies Worldwide
RESTON, Va — Sept. 28, 2021 — MSSP Alert, published by After Nines Inc., has named CyberSheath to the Top 250 MSSPs list for 2021.
The list and research identify and honor the top MSSPs, managed detection and response (MDR) and Security Operations Center as a Service (SOCaaS) providers worldwide.
The rankings are based on MSSP Alert’s 2021 readership survey combined with the digital media site’s global editorial coverage of managed security services providers. The fifth-annual list and research report track the managed security service market’s ongoing growth and evolution.
“As Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) is implemented, defense contractors have been sold incomplete options causing them to overspend and under-comply. CyberSheath’s Managed Services deliver a complete solution for federal contractors seeking to achieve compliance with the new requirements and remain eligible to win Department of Defense business,” said Eric Noonan, CEO of CyberSheath. “Ranking so high on this list demonstrates just how critical our efforts have been in keeping defense contractors compliant and further illustrates how CMMC has changed the federal contracting landscape for the better.”
“After Nines Inc. and MSSP Alert congratulate CyberSheath on this year’s honor,” said Amy Katz, CEO of After Nines Inc. “Amid continued ransomware, malware and supply chain cyber attacks, the MSSP Alert readership and community continues to mitigate risks for businesses and government organizations worldwide.”
Highlights from the associated MSSP Alert research include:
- MSSP Revenue Growth & Financial Performance: MSSP honorees, on average, expect to generate $22.3 million in revenue for 2021, up 16% from $19.2 million in 2020. The growth rate remains consistent with last year’s report.
- Geography: Honorees are headquartered in 26 different countries.
- Profits: 85% of MSSPs surveyed expect to be profitable for fiscal year 2021, which is roughly even with 2020.
- Security Operations Centers: 71% have in-house SOCs, 19% are hybrid, 8% completely outsource their SOCs, and 2% are reevaluating their SOC strategies.
- Cyberattack Trends: The most frequent attacks targeting MSSP customers in 2021 include vulnerability exploits (87%), phishing (96%), and ransomware (89%) incidents.
- Cybersecurity Solutions: In a continued sign of market fragmentation, MSSP survey participants mentioned 130 different hardware, software, cloud, and services vendors that assist their cybersecurity efforts — roughly even with our 2020 report.
- New Managed Security Services Offered: In addition to traditional managed security services, capabilities such as MDR (91%) have now gone mainstream. Plus, fast-growth services offered include SOC as a service (76%), XDR (67%), cyber talent as a service (43%) and cloud security posture management (41%).
CyberSheath is continuing to educate the Defense Industrial Base on the ins and outs of CMMC with a virtual event on Sept. 29. CMMC Con 2021 will equip defense contractors with a better understanding of the evolving threat landscape, the impact of cybersecurity compliance law aimed at mitigating these threats, and the how-to for solving these challenges.
About CyberSheath Services International, LLC
Established in 2012, CyberSheath is one of the most experienced and trusted IT security services partners for the U.S. defense industrial base. From CMMC compliance to strategic security planning to managed security services, CyberSheath offers a comprehensive suite of offerings tailored to clients’ information security and regulatory compliance needs. Learn more at www.cybersheath.com.
CyberSheath Services International, LLC
Kristen Morales at [email protected]
About After Nines Inc.
After Nines Inc. provides timeless IT guidance for strategic partners and IT security professionals across ChannelE2E (www.ChannelE2E.com) and MSSP Alert (www.MSSPAlert.com). ChannelE2E tracks every stage of the IT service provider journey — from entrepreneur to exit. MSSP Alert is the global voice for Managed Security Services Providers (MSSPs).