RESTON, Va. — May 12, 2021 — The nation’s largest CMMC conference is back by popular demand! CMMC Con 2021 picks up where last year’s conference left off, featuring expert speakers from across the government and Defense Industrial Base offering actionable strategies for CMMC compliance. Hosted by leading Managed CMMC Compliance provider CyberSheath, the one-day CMMC Con 2021 kicks off at 9 a.m. EDT on Wednesday, September 29, 2021. This no cost conference is now open for registration.
CMMC Con 2021 will focus on the evolving compliance landscape that small and medium-sized contractors face, with sessions focused on:
- Evolving threats, including the escalation in nation-state cyberattacks like SolarWinds.
- Evolving law, including SPRS submittal of NIST 800-171 assessment, third-party validation of CMMC compliance prior to contract award, the False Claims Act, and the potential loss of DOD revenue.
- Evolving scope, examining the CMMC-AB roadmap and adoption of CMMC in other federal organizations beyond the DOD.
The conference will welcome back popular speakers as well as introduce new ones, including:
- Robert Spalding, retired Brigadier General, USAF, to address the threat from nation states.
- Keith K. Nakasone, Federal Strategist, VMware formally the Deputy Assistant Commissioner, IT Acquisition Operations, FAS/GSA, in a Q&A on CMMC beyond the DOD.
- Jeff Dalton, sharing his perspective as CMMC-AB vice chairman on the progression of CMMC and the path forward.
- Expert panel discussion with senior executives from primes and sub-contractors, including foreign-owned, large, and small contractors, who will share their experience managing CMMC compliance.
“Last year, we had more than 1,000 attendees at CMMC Con — before the law had even changed to make CMMC a reality for the Defense Industrial Base,” said Eric Noonan, CyberSheath CEO. “A year later, the conference could not come at a more critical time, as compliance stands in the way of revenue for every defense contractor in the supply chain. By attending CMMC Con 2021, defense contractors will better understand the nation state threats that made the CMMC necessary, the impact of compliance law, and most importantly, the how-to of compliance to stay eligible for future DOD contracts.”
About CyberSheath Services International, LLC
Established in 2012, CyberSheath is one of the most experienced and trusted IT security services partners for the U.S. defense industrial base. From CMMC compliance to strategic security planning to managed security services, CyberSheath offers a comprehensive suite of offerings tailored to clients’ information security and regulatory compliance needs. Learn more at www.cybersheath.com.
CyberSheath Services International, LLC
Kristen Morales at Kristen.Morales@cybersheath.com