Your organization is always looking for ways to increase security, ensure reliability, and reduce costs. One way to accomplish this is to leverage the power, flexibility, and cost-effectiveness of cloud solutions. With CyberArk now officially supporting the cloud deployment of their privileged access solution, it’s time for you to reap the benefits of deploying your privileged account management (PAM) solution in the cloud.
CyberSheath can help. Over the past several months, our engineers have been working with organizations like yours to assist them in gaining all the benefits of migrating and deploying their CyberArk solutions in the cloud.
Here are Compelling Reasons to Run CyberArk in the Cloud
Shifting to cloud deployment makes sense for a few important reasons. Also, it’s important to note that currently, CyberArk’s PAM solution is supported on Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
Cloud deployment of your CyberArk solution can result in:
- Lower cost – See below cost example of running CyberArk on Azure or AWS for a year. Cloud deployment also helps you reduce the number of infrastructure support teams and resources needed, further benefitting your bottom-line.
- Improved reliability – AWS and Azure both carry up-time guarantees, which takes the onus off of your infrastructure. The simplified cloud-based solution means less down-time caused by having the application dependent on multiple teams and other layers of the architecture. AWS, in particular, offers many powerful yet simple options to make the application fault-tolerant and rapidly recoverable.
- Increased flexibility – By deploying CyberArk in the cloud, you can painlessly and quickly enhance architecture designs as needed. You can rapidly deploy an entire application environment for a proof of concept within hours and then throw it away when finished. Also, hybrid architectures are possible, making stepping into the cloud easy and painless. For example, sometimes it makes sense to keep the Vault server hosted on-site and deploy all or additional component servers into the cloud.
Think Moving to the Cloud is Right for You?
Consider the following:
- Investing in your cloud administrator resources will make sure you get the most benefit out of deploying CyberArk in the cloud.
- Moving the keys to your organization into the cloud means you need to properly secure access to cloud service management tools. Be sure to design access and roles to be aligned with the cloud service provider’s best security practices.
- Best security practices for the network architecture in the cloud can enhance your existing security design, but only if integrated properly. Security concerns and solutions vary between cloud service providers. Be sure your deployment follows both the cloud vendor and Cyberark’s best practices.
CyberSheath engineers certified in both CyberArk and cloud services can manage the entire solution for your organization. Contact us – and to see how we can help move your CyberArk solution to the cloud.