This year marked a deluge of messaging about the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) and federal contractors were rightfully confused. With our keystone event, CMMC CON, we aimed to set the record straight and offer the best guidance for those in the Defense Industrial Base (DIB).
CMMC CON 2022 brought in 1,000+ registered attendees and offered insight from industry leaders like investigative journalist Brian Krebs, Frost & Sullivan’s Robert Beuerlein, and Cyber AB chairman Jeff Dalton. It was our biggest CMMC CON to date, and that only scratched the surface of the impact we had in 2022.
Here’s a look at some media outlets that looked to CyberSheath to offer perspective on the evolving threat landscape and what can be done to improve cybersecurity posture ahead of CMMC 2.0.
- Fortune: The Twitter whistleblower story dominated the media cycle. CyberSheath CEO explained how the same scenario unfolds in the DIB and why all business owners should pay attention.
- The Hill: Our CyberSheath CEO contributed to this piece that laid out how legislators can best prevent catastrophic cyberattacks on American soil.
- CSO: Are CISOs always put in the best position? No, and we explain what they need to succeed.
- EE Times: When President Biden urgently called for improved critical infrastructure security, we highlighted the importance of public-private partnerships to create solutions.
- TechNewsWorld: When the FBI, CISA, and NSA issued an alert about Russian threat actors, we spoke up about the struggles federal contractors have securing data.
Then there was the world of TV…
Both regional and national media were interested to hear from CyberSheath this year. CyberSheath’s CEO was a hit with news networks, so much so that he was asked back for return appearances.
- NBC News: CyberSheath CEO joined NBC’s Joshua Johnson for a discussion about the mobile app that the Chinese government required all Winter Olympics participants to download.
- FOX News: Three days after Russia attacked Ukraine, the story extended to our borders when the threat of Russian cyberattacks cast doubt on the cybersecurity capabilities here in the United States. FOX had CyberSheath CEO back seven more times over the next 30 days!
- CNN: Cyberattacks continued to be a story in Russia’s war and CyberSheath CEO was the go-to expert to explain what a cyber escalation might look like.
- KABC: When the Los Angeles School District was hit with a ransomware attack, the ABC affiliate in LA wanted to hear from CyberSheath CEO about what victims should expect and do as a result.
In early December, we released the first ever comprehensive, independent study of the DIB’s cybersecurity maturity, which we commissioned Merrill Research to perform. While the results are alarming, it shows us a clear roadmap for what needs to be achieved in 2023 and beyond to better secure our nation’s secrets.
And as we head into 2023, join us on our upcoming webinar to learn how to prepare for the forthcoming DFARS changes predicted. No matter where you are in your compliance journey, there are actionable steps you can take to be ready for potential regulation changes.